How to generate steam backup codes
Steam backup code is a great option to protect you steam account. So, in this article we`ll show you how to generate it.
Steam backup codes are used to log in to your account if all the other options just aren’t available to you at the moment. One example is if you’ve lost your phone and can’t access the Steam Application to get fresh ones. When you generate a list of backup codes, you will get 30 of them. Keep in mind that they are one-time use only and keep the list safe. Do not share it with anyone.
How do I generate backup codes?
In order to generate back up code list, you have to go into:
- The Steam Setting in the a left top corner
- From account tab into the “manage steam guard account security
- – Click “Get Backup Codes”
- Enter a fresh code from your phone’s authenticator…
- …and you will get your brand new list of backup codes.
Keep in mind that after sharing it with someone you can always delete them by repeating that prosses and create a new list which will overwrite the old one and deactivate old codes.